What is Basal Metabolic Rate?
BMR, or Basal Metabolic Rate, is the amount of calories your body needs to sustain its basic functions at rest. It does not include additional calories needed for physical activity or other daily tasks. It serves as a baseline for calculating your total daily calorie needs.
Note: If you rather want to find out your caloric needs, with your activities included, try out our Calorie Calculator instead.
⚠️ To use the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculator:
- Enter your weight and height in kilograms and centimeters, or switch to imperial units.
- Provide your age and select your gender.
- Optionally, enter your body fat percentage or check "I don't know my body fat percentage".
- Click the "Calculate" button to see your BMR.
- Remember, if a field is left empty, the calculator does not give out an result.